Monday, April 15, 2019

Reading Notes Part A - Jataka

As soon as I saw free reading the first thing I wanted to jump to was more of Babbitt's Jakata stories. I think that these have continued to be my favorite stories because they have a lot of animal characters and always have a fun moral attached to the ending. 

The Turtle Who Couldn't Stop Talking

This story is about a turtle who once had two friends that were wild geese. One day the geese were telling the turtle about their beautiful home that was quite a ways away. They told the turtle that they could take him to it if he wanted to come with them. The geese said that he could come with them but only if he keeps his mouth shut the entire way. The geese gave him a stick to hold on to and told him that it is very important for him to not say anything the whole trip. Then some kids from down below tease him for looking ridiculous and he responds back to them. When he responds, he opens his mouth and drops down to the ground below because he wasn't holding onto the stick anymore. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Extra Reading Extra Credit Week 14

Big surprise that I wanted to read more Jataka stories! I love the Jataka stories. They are still my favorite out of all the stories I have ...