Friday, April 12, 2019

Story lab blog post - EmpoWord

I really enjoyed reading this manual because I think it was really relevant to this class as well as any future story writing I might engage in the future. I appreciated the definitions throughout the manual because even though I thought I knew about what all of those words meant already, I realized I didn't know as much as I thought I did. There were whole other aspects to these topics and terms that I had never realized were there. Most of these terms I learned about in context instead of looking at definitions first. I also really appreciated where it said that even though descriptions are really important to writing an impactful story, narration can be just as important. I think I forget about that when I am writing my stories. One term that stood out to me that I had never heard of before was scope. This is the boundary created by your story, where it starts and ends. I think setting up a scope prior to writing can be very beneficial to your planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Extra Reading Extra Credit Week 14

Big surprise that I wanted to read more Jataka stories! I love the Jataka stories. They are still my favorite out of all the stories I have ...