Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Extra Reading Extra Credit Week 14

Big surprise that I wanted to read more Jataka stories! I love the Jataka stories. They are still my favorite out of all the stories I have read in this class.

Forest Fire Story

The Forest Fire

I love this story because I drew the moral of the story to be that if you are strong and confident in what you do and believe in yourself, you can do almost anything. The little bird was born weaker than his brothers and sisters in the nest. So one day when the big forest fire came, he was left in the nest because he was unable to fly away. Instead of being scared, he just faced the fire and told it that it had no business here. The fire then turned away and the little bird was safe and lived happily ever after.

The Noble Horse

I liked this story because I think it teaches an important messaged about perseverance and also mercy. The horse sacrificed himself for the good of the kingdom even though he knew it would result in his ultimate death. That was inspiring to me. Also, when he is dying he tells the king that they should not kill all of the enemy but instead show mercy and allow them to return home promising that they will never return again.


The Noble Horse
Source: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=inu.39000000078449;view=2up;seq=152

No comments:

Post a Comment

Extra Reading Extra Credit Week 14

Big surprise that I wanted to read more Jataka stories! I love the Jataka stories. They are still my favorite out of all the stories I have ...